Pages

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Talking about the French

Recently I have been getting back into French culture in a big way: music, movies, literature...the lot!

Perhaps this is because, as a language it is so much more descriptive of the human state. All aspects of the French dialectic is fashioned to answer the 'big questions'. Most of their films seem to address these issues and in my case never seem to fail to leave me a jibbering wreck, having hit too close to home such as in 'Coco before Chanel'.



The music also touches so close....check out anything by Noir Desir.



And literature.....ah, literature has consumed tomes authored by intellectuals and philosophers much more intelligent than I but just think Camus, Baudelaire, De Beauvoir, Sartre......

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.
Albert Camus

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
Albert Camus
I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for truth - and truth rewarded me.
Simone de Beauvoir

I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom.
Simone de Beauvoir

No comments:

Post a Comment